Cooler Weather


Well..I do love Autumn. It is my favorite time of year, but the cooler weather didn't have to come at me so quickly! It probably seems that way since we had two days of rain this week. I have had to dig out a couple of sweaters as I get cold easily. I am not looking forward to turning on our propane furnace though. It costs over $600 to get the thing filled!!! That is a lot of money in one chunk. I pray that one day we can heat with wood, but that time is not in the near future. So...I will be looking at ways to "tighten" our budget so we can handle the fills that we will need for the winter. We did a summer fill and will have to fill it probably 2 more times this winter. I pray that is all we will need. It will be very tempting once the baby is here to turn up the heat, but I will just have to make sure the little one is swaddled well!
I just get more and more excited every week thinking about another new one in the home. Something about babies, warm sweaters, the smell of things baking, cinnamon and cloves, and changing leaves that make me smile. Our God is so good to use. We never know what tomorrow brings, but whatever it is...He will not leave us. He is always there with us. As I write this I am reminded about Gabriel Godfrey that was born into the Lord's arms this week. As I read the birth story I cried, but I realized that the Lord is with them through all of this. God knows what that family can handle. I don't understand why, but Gabriel was not meant to live a life on this Earth just as there are other children that are stillborn or die soon after. I remember after DS was born that I had a day where I just cried and cried. I was so scared of loosing him to SIDS or something else. I finally gave all of my worries over to the Lord and it is amazing how much better my time was with my son because I wasn't worry about things I could not control.

Well...enough rambling for today I best see to my son as I don't hear him and that usually is not a good sign. ;) May all have a God filled day!

Comments

Marci said…
Melanie, we will have to get together one day. I miss seeing you come to get your co-op stuff. =) Give the little ones a squeeze from Aunt Marci!!!
LadySnow said…
I was thinking about you the other day too! Once things "calm" down a little (like they ever really do) we will have to get together for sure! It is just very far to make a trip for the coop items right now, but I may have to start looking into it again.

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Candle By Night's First Raffle!