I should probably answer the questions now. :D
1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it?
The hardest part of the challenge for me was just taking the time to get it done. With three children I am very busy. Another difficult part of the challenge was just the area. I would prefer my sewing/crafting area to be out of the way of traffic, but it just isn't possible in this home. But I think I did a wonderful job compromising what I needed with the space and circumstances.
2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order?
I (my family is also included in this) am making conscience effort to put things back where they are supposed to be. For so long I would get something out and just not put it back. That was the biggest problem before. I have more motivation to keep it cleaned up now because I need to be a good example for my children on how to care for their possessions and how to keep a home looking like a home and not a pigsty. :D
3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space?
It went into the trash! :o)
4. Now that you have completed the challenge, do you think having and keeping your space organized will make a difference in your life?
It will make a huge difference in my life. I make 75% of Sweet E's clothing, 50% of my own, and I sew for my boys as well. Not to mention the fact that I am trying to get the children ready for piano lessons. Now we can start since they can actually get to the piano!
6. Why do you think you should win the challenge?
I think I should win the challenge because I worked very hard to make a space that is not only user friendly to myself, but my family as well. My sewing area is easily accessible, we have a place to sit and read together (the children and I), and my family can start learning how to play the piano. There is so much more I would like to do with my sewing area, but as I mentioned before, funds are limited. I think my creativity should win this challenge. I mean....how many other people use diaper boxes to help them organize. ;)