Finishing Up...

I wanted to make sure that I shared pictures of what was started yesterday. Here is a picture of all 9 crayons we made. The "suns" are, obviously, the yellow and orange ones.
When I was finishing dinner last night Beloved and the children helped by taking the clothes off the line. This is what I walked out to. Now...that is a great way to get laundry off the line. :D
Oh...and then there was Little E. While the older two were helping with laundry...this is what he felt like doing.
Still don't know what he did with his diaper. :D Oh, and then there was MY swimdress. First of all the pattern I had was not made for a woman who has gained 45 lbs. after 3 children. So I had to alter the top, bottom, and skirt quite a bit. Well, I got the top done (I was working on this after everyone was in bed.) Top "just fit" and then I got the shorts done......Good so far. The shorts fit well and then I had to alter the width and length of the skirt. Got the front out...went to cut out the back of the skirt. Not enough fabric!!!!! I couldn't believe it. My stomach was in knots and I almost started bawling. I was praying hard for the Lord to help me figure something out. Then I remembered this little saying that I have around the house. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." Well, it was the "make it do or do without" part that hit me. I didn't have anymore fabric and couldn't get anymore. (I bought it online and that lady sold out. Plus it wouldn't have gotten to me on time.) So..I started piecing my scraps together until I got a big enough portion to make the back part of the skirt. It isn't pretty, but it will get the job done.
Not about to show the rest of me in it...not on the web. :D Better get going so I can get some school done! :D Blessings to all. :D

Comments

Marci said…
I love the pictures. Poor little E having to run around naked. =)
Anna said…
Ahhh...baby bums. Love them. Great job on your swim dress too. I love that saying and am trying to incorporate it more around my house. (my mother preached it to me the entire time I was with her this summer)

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks

I did it!