Jungle Fever

As I mentioned before Big T's birthday isn't until the 7th, but I had purchased fabric a couple of months ago from a "Mama" at the Sewing Mama's forum to make this. It is Big T's jungle and he loves it! I am so glad. Now he can play in the "jungle" any time he wants too. I made the side pieces shorter than I had intended (don't know where my brain was) but I think it turned out alright. That way it isn't too dark inside and he can at least see without a flashlight. Hope you all like it. I guess that I should also tell you that it is attached to the top bunk by button straps. (Thanks Hannah for your help on this!)
I tried getting rid of his red eyes, but the program would only fix one, so I just left them red. It seemed really weird leaving one red and one not.
The monkey is at home in his jungle! ;) Happy Early Birthday Monkey.

I also wanted to show that there is also another way to wear the Mei Tei I made last week. I tried taking a picture of Little E while he was asleep, but it was pretty hard. So I had hubby take a few pictures and by that time he woke up from his cat nap. I am definitely going to make the shoulder straps wider next time and the straps around the waist more narrow. I think I am also going to make the "body" of it a little longer and maybe only an inch or two wider.
Make sure to tell the ones you love "I love you" and give them a great big hug today! Blessings to all.

Comments

Jane H said…
Love the mini jungle you made and I love the photos!
Anna said…
That jungle is such a cute idea. Kids love getting "in" things, don't they??? Question for you...do you reinforce your seams at all on that baby carrier? How do you make it strong enough to hold a baby? Whenever I have another one I would love to make something like this.
LadySnow said…
I just stitch it...then zig zag on the outside of that to keep the fabric from fraying. Then when I turn it inside out....I topstitch it into place.
Marci said…
Melanie, I am so proud of you. You are really doing a great job of being a Mom and a homemaker. You include your children on things and you make life fun. You are trying out new skills and doing a great job at it!!!
Anna said…
So bascially you have 3 sets of stiching? Clever.
LadySnow said…
Thanks Marci! :)
Unknown said…
Hey, I see you have the Edwardian Apron on... :-D Nifty jungle! Titus is one lucky boy to have such a loving mommy.
Sonya said…
The jungle is great! I also love the carrier you made. Very creative.

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

Princess Balls and Bike Riding

I did it!