Flea Update....

Yes, we are still fighting those tiny things! We have treated the yard 3 times.....Shad's pen 5 times and we spray various parts of the house, vacuum...everything they say you are supposed to do and nothing has worked. I caught a couple on Little E today and Hubby picked 2 off of me when I was outside. This is so frustrating! Hubby said that Shad had a ton of fleas again! So much for things supposedly "repelling" the fleas. What a bunch of lies! Oh!!!!!! I just can't stress enough of how aggravating this is! I sure hope these things go away soon. We can't keep them out of the house until we can keep them off of the dog. Prayers are greatly appreciated as our patience is being tried. :o)

Comments

Jane H said…
Mel good luck fleas are a nasty thing to deal with.
Patty said…
what you need is a good killing frost !
Unknown said…
Well, my carpet cleaning machine has mysteriously disappeared. Call the vet and ask about that stuff I told you about. :-D
Ewwww, I hate fleas!! Hate em hate em hate em. With dogs it's so hard to keep them out of your house completley.
Have you tried Frontline or Advantage? They work well to keep them off the dog...Frontline works better.

I know what you are dealing with though, been there before. I just can't stand them!!
Melanie!

I'm so sorry that you are having experiencing a plague of fleas! We brought 2 baby kittens home once and they had tons of fleas on them...I thought they were going to die! We went to a vet who gave us something for both the kitties and the environment. One treatment and all the cleaning and vacuuming did the trick right away. Call your vet and see if you can find help there. I'm praying you find relief soon!
Anonymous said…
Hi: Got here from another blog and I see that you have fleas (yikes!) Our daughter got rid of the fleas on the dog and everywhere he went in the house, by using diatomacious earth--food grade. We got some at an amish store near us. She got it from an on line store. It worked in 3 or 4 days. You could read about diatomacious earth by doing a google search (or whatever you use for a search engine) You'll see how effective it is. diatomacious earth is not expensive and it comes in a powder that you use to dust on your dog/cat/or other critter, and the carpet and furniture. Amazing stuff.

Hope this helps
Kelli said…
I remember my mom fighting the fleas in our home growing up. It was a lot of hard work. I will pray that you find a solution soon!

You'll have to let me know if you have the same cookbook!!

Kelli

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

Princess Balls and Bike Riding

I did it!