Painful....

I know....some of you read my post on Saturday that said I was in pain and I neglected to write a follow-up of why. Well....First let me show you where I slept Friday night.

Can you tell what that is? Yep...it's our claw foot bathtub. No, my pain is not because I slept in there, but I slept in the bathtub BECAUSE of my pain. On Thursday of last week I mowed the lawn and I knew I would be sore. Well, I had a little trouble going to sleep that night, but I figured it was from the soreness of mowing the lawn. Well, I awoke around 3:30 in the morning with a pain because I couldn't breathe. I felt like I had a muscle pinched and when I tried to take a deep breath it hurt. So...my wonderful Hubby put some Bi@-Freeze on it and then I was able to get back to sleep. I was in pain on Friday, but nothing terrible until that night. Anytime I tried to lay down my pain increased 10-fold. It was horrible. I couldn't take a good breath and then my muscles went into "spasm" mode or something. Then I couldn't stand up straight either. Well...trying to make a long story short...Hubby was able to get me in the tub for a bath. After which I said..I want to sleep in the tub and he thought I was kidding, but I definitely wasn't. So he put a sleeping bag in there and a ton of pillows. This way I was able to sleep sitting up (because laying down hurt) and the pillows kept my arms and legs propped up. I was able to sleep there for 2 hours, could have been longer, but I woke up in a sweat! It was so hot in there. So....I have since been to the chiropractor twice. Still a little sore, but it is a ton better! Just thought I would fill you all in on what happened. :)

Comments

Marci said…
Wow, I am glad you are doing better, Melanie.
Unknown said…
Stylish, to say the least. ;-)
Ice Cream said…
Look on the bright side, if you sleep in the tub you don't have to make the bed =)

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Candle By Night's First Raffle!