Visit with Grandma K

My Mom came up yesterday to drop a few things off for us. Since it was so warm we decided to go to DQ to cool off. :-) But first, the children opened up their gifts. I had asked my sister to find shirts for the children that said "Brooklyn" (That is where she lives). Anyway, I don't have a picture of them on my camera, but the girls got pink shirts with a red star. In the middle of the star it says Brooklyn. Little E has a shirt of the Brooklyn Bridge arches with a giant gorilla and Big T has a large "F" on his shirt. It stands for the F train that we took a lot while there last month. The children love their shirts. (*Added to say: I just realized that in the pictures of the waterfall...if you look closely you can see the shirts.)

Anyway, after we ate at DQ we decided to head to the waterfall to dip our toes in and cool off. It was very pleasant day. Felt so bad though...a young lady took a fall and landed square on her back. I bet she isn't moving around much today. I pray she is okay though. Okay, back to the topic at hand. Here are a few pictures of our time with my Mom at the waterfall.

The children were so sad when we had to leave. Actually I wish we were there today. It's so HOT! But the saddest/sweetest thing was when my Mom went to leave. Sweet E started crying and was so upset. She didn't want Grandma to leave. She wanted her to stay longer. She misses Grandma a lot. Okay, I need to go find a way to cool off. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks

I did it!