Friday, April 18, 2008

Yes Ginny, I am here. But you should know that we have had a lot going on the past two weeks. ;) But, she is right. I better get to showing something! Ginny and Keturah know that my front porch light came crashing down a couple of weeks ago. When I say "crashing"....I mean CRASHING! I went to change the light bulb and the fixture just fell. The old aluminum wiring just snapped. Anyway, my Beloved took on the daunting task of not only putting in a new light fixture, but replacing the wire from the light to the switch, and then the switch to the outlet. :D This is what hubby had to start off with on the switches.
And now....I have new switches, a new outlet, and a new porch light! I love my new porch light! Thanks Hubby!
You can see where Beloved had to tear a piece of wood off to get the wire through, but that is not a big deal. I know it's silly, but it was so exciting to get this done. ;) For one.....because we needed it and two....the house will be ours as of 8 pm tonight!

7 comments:

Bella Rae said...

Congratulations!! How exciting that the house will be yours!! That is absolutely wonderful. I'm truly happy for your family. What a blessing!!

Hey, and it's pretty good when your hubby is a handyman ;) If you need anyone to wire up your house for phone and computer, I'm your gal! That's what I did before I had my children :)

Congratulations again, I'm so proud of you.

Marci said...

I am so excited that the house will be yours. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

If you found one situation like that you would do well to check the rest of your house. My husband is an electrician so I understand the danger. Look for "open splices" which are wires connected by twisting and tape but not in an electrical box. You could at least have an electrician check it out for you. Especially check in the attic as that is where most deadly fires occur.
Mrs. L.

Lady_MSnow said...

Mrs. L...thanks. Yes we plan on rewiring most of the house. It's scary what can be found. We had a friend who purchased a home and when the went to remodel the "Addition" they realized that room had extension cords as the wiring!

little dresses said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Anna said...

Congratulations on your "new" house. I can't wait to come see it. (and you.)

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I'm glad you're okay! I had something very similar happen with a smoke detector, only it landed on my head, knocking me out. I woke up on the floor with a sore head and two smashed feet, and was in a wheelchair for months. Wiring is dangerous business in many ways!