Wednesday, July 25, 2007

In The Kitchen....

Well...I have been having a lot of fun in the kitchen lately. At the end of last week I made a wonderful parsley salad...also known as Tabouli, or Tabbouleh, depending on how you feel like spelling it. I got the recipe from Mrs. M and it is a great salad! It has strong flavors but you really must try it. Here's a picture of it. Doesn't it look great! =) (and just a note...she uses 3 cups of parsley...I only use 2 and it's plenty for us.)

On Monday, my helper and I made Blueberry-Banana bread. I don't have a picture of it, but it is awesome! I have had a couple of pieces everyday and so have the children. It's really good. Then today I made some refrigerator style pickles. This recipe also came from Mrs. M. I hope I did it right. How long do I need to let them sit until they are ready to eat? Anyway, here is a picture before I put the lids on.

Don't worry I have a ton of pictures of the children I need to post. I hope to do some of that tomorrow. Blessings to all!
Oh yes...I wanted you to all know about my Hubby's blog. Go and check it out!

1 comment:

Ron and Ginny said...

That picture of that tabouli is making me crave it, again. :-D You can let the pickles sit for about a week before eating them, but they get better with age. You did a good job! :-)