Devotional

Not a long post today but I just wanted to take some time to share some wonderful verses I read in my devotional time this morning.

Psalm 37:4- Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Romans 12:10- Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another

Proverbs 4:26-27- Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

Proverbs 4:18- But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

And this is one of my favorites...

Isaiah 55:8-9- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

When I had struggles over the past few years this verse reminded me that God is always there and just because I thought something should happen a certain way did not mean that was God's intention. Especially when hubby lost his job of 5 years 6 weeks before DD was born and they refused to give him severance (sp?) pay.

We did not always understand everything God was trying to teach us, but we thank it for him everyday. We have so much to learn if we only open our hearts to God's word. Many people know God's word, but don't really KNOW it. I mean...they have the head knowledge, but it's not in their heart. If you do not believe God's word with your whole heart there will never be a change. I have seen this firsthand from many individuals. They can quote scripture after scripture to you, but their lives don't bear any fruit. One of my former pastors is actually like this. He is a very intelligent man and knows a lot about the Bible, but his life....he doesn't bear any fruit and that is probably why he has left his position as a pastor (he left it over 4 years ago) and is following the world with it's standards. It really is quit sad. So...my challenge to you all today is to listen to what God has for you. You may not know for a while his direction, but He will make his desires known to you in due time. Trust me...we waited for 2 years on a "job direction" for Hubby and we are still waiting on answers for some other things...but we know the Lord will show us when we are ready and the time is right.

May the Lord bless you all on this December day. ;)

Oh yes...if you have time check this link out. Hubby found it probably a year or so ago, but just "found" it again to show me. It is all too true in our society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks

I did it!