Cleaning, Canning, & Pictures


Well, you can probably guess what is going on in my home today. I am continuing to do my daily chores/tasks. I finally got the kitchen counters cleaned and straightened. Now I need to take care of the floor. Since summer came..I am embarrassed to say...I don't know the last time I gave my floors a really good cleaning. So I hope to..on Friday...give my kitchen floor a really good hands and knees type scrubbing. It needs it. I can at least say that I accomplished making and canning about 5 pints of spaghetti sauce last night. I can't believe that I have run out of quart size jars. I thought I had so many, but I actually had to get more a couple of weeks ago. So far this year I have canned 51 quarts of beans, 15 pints of pickles, 5 pints of spaghetti sauce, 5 pints of pizza sauce, and I think about 27 quarts of peaches. I also made peach jam and strawberry jam. Hopefully I can get some Jonagold apples this fall and make apple butter, applesauce, and try making apple pie in a jar. I love fall! Just the idea of it makes me very happy!

Well I figured I would end with some pictures of my family. Here is a picture of DD on the carousel at the Columbus zoo.

And here is DS playing with a tiring swing near Nana and Prapaw's house.



Finally here is a very old picture of Shad, short for Shadrach. I have newer pictures of him, but I just don't have any on the computer. He is much bigger. I think he is just shy of 70 lbs. He is loved by the family very much, but is on probation at this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks