Our NY Trip Post #1

Instead of writing an insanely long post about our trip I figured it would be better to divide it. So I'll just start from the beginning. We left on Wednesday at 5 am. This means that we woke the children up at 4:30 to get them all loaded up and into the van. So by 7:30 that morning they all looked like this.

I think the trip there took about 10 hours or so. The children got so excited when they would see a sign for New York City. It was so cute. :-)

And then...it all began. When we saw the Holland Tunnel we knew we were almost there.


Here we go!


As we exited the tunnel and got caught up in the middle of this...Beloved said, "I miss home." Poor guy. Keep in mind the semis on the left and right were parked.


But, we did make it to our hotel okay. Couple of wrong turns, but nothing too bad. Thanks to my Dad we didn't have to pay $20 a day for parking either. He took Beloved across the bridge into Brooklyn. They ended up parking just around the corner from my sister's apartment. So once we found a place to park the van for the rest of our stay we all headed on over to my sister's apartment. My BIL took everyone up to the balcony (or whatever you want to call it) to check out the view. As long as I stayed away from the edge...I was okay. LOL It's a great view from up there. Of course the children thought it was the greatest. It's amazing how the height didn't seem to bother them at all, but it sure made the rest of us nervous.


My Sissy then took our family down to a park on a pier near the Brooklyn Bridge so the children could see the Statue of Liberty. Granted we weren't close at all, but at least they could see it and that made them very happy. I was surprised how well the digital zoom did on our camera.

On the way back to the apartment we stopped by another park in between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge (near my sister's apartment) and let the children play for a couple of minutes. I couldn't get a very good shot of the play area, but the whole thing was in the shape of a ship. The children thought it was great!

I thought this boat/barge was neat. It was in the play area. I think it was a sandbox.


After letting the children play in the park we visited a little while longer at my sister's before taking the subway back to the Financial District/Seaport Historic District. (I should add that the children loved the subway! And I loved the fact that it was ten times cheaper than taking a taxi.) By the time we got back to our hotel room everyone was so tired. Little E hid on the floor (don't remember why exactly) and the next thing I knew, he was asleep. It was so cute.


So, that is part one of our trip. I have a lot of work to do outside in my garden, but I hope to post the second part of our trip this evening. Hope you all enjoy the pictures. :-) Blessings to you all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Terrific pictures! Traveling that far with 3 kids isn't easy but they'll remember it forever! (Your cousin Michael from 'Chicago')
LadySnow said…
Hey Michael.....we have 4 children...remember? ;-)
Anna said…
Your poor husband, driving in the city when you aren't used to it. Its crazy. I love NY. Glad you had a fun time.
Anonymous said…
4 children - oops! I suppose I'm doing OK if I can keep track of our three! Now where are they.....

We traveled to Seattle the weekend of 4/24 for Jill's sister's wedding. I think we finallly adjusted back to our timezone just two days ago. I'll email you a link to the pictures!
LadySnow said…
That's okay. I usually count mine as we enter a store, get in the check out line, and leave the store. LOL Don't want to leave any behind. :-) At least the smallest one can't get away yet. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Candle By Night's First Raffle!