Show and Tell Friday (9/07)

Welcome to "Show and Tell Friday!" Do you have a something special to share with us? It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, an antique find. Your show and tell can be old or new. Use your imagination and dig through those old boxes in your closet if you have to! Feel free to share pictures and if there's a story behind your special something, that's even better!

I know I haven't done real well with keeping up with my Show and Tell Fridays lately. Friday comes a lot quicker than I realize sometimes. Anyway, I don't know how many of you remember this post back in July. I mentioned that my wedding dress actually belonged to my mother. I wanted to take time to show her dress today. They aren't the greatest pics (because I had to take pictures of pictures.....) but you get the general idea. When I wore it my MIL took off the sleeves (made a bow out of them for the back of the dress), took off the embellishment/lace on the bodice, and trimmed the bottom differently because I am taller than my mother and I wanted a dress that at least touched the floor (or came close.) ;o) So... here you can see my mother in her beautiful dress and their cake. Does their cake look somewhat similar to the one I had? Of course it does. I have loved that cake as long as I can remember and I always wanted something like it. :)


**Edited to add a picture of myself in the dress (you can see more pictures, including one of our cake, at the link I provided***

Comments

Marci said…
Great pictures Melanie. Before I clicked on the first picture and made it larger, it really looks like you.
How proudly you must hve felt being married in such a lovely dress that belonged to your mum I adore the style and it does look stunning.

The cake my goodness! it is beautifully huge!! but so lovely. what a nice show and tell today.

best wishes from Lee-ann in Australia
charish said…
What a great dress. Thank you for sharing.
Sarah
Susan said…
Lovely show and tell. How wonderful that you could have this gown of your mothers modified for you. The cake is lovely. No wonder you wanted one just like it!
Susan
Karen said…
Oh I just love the wedding pictures!
Anonymous said…
I'm amazed at your MIL's skills in recreating that dress that looks so fabulous on you. Yikers! What a fun show and tell to share...
Blessings.
Tracy said…
What a wonderful makeover of the dress!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful meaningful S&T!

Have a wonderful Show & Tell Friday!
~Tamara
www.TrainingHearts.com
someone else said…
Beautiful dress and it's really wonderful that it was your mother's.
Anonymous said…
How neat to be able to have your mom's wedding dress adapted for you!
Unknown said…
Beautiful! That is so special. My sister in law wore her mom's wedding gown and she was just as stunning as you were. I love it!
Unknown said…
Beautiful, darling. Simply beautiful! I guess I missed the fact that your dress was your mothers... I wore my mom's dress, too. Maybe one of these days I will post pictures of us. :-D
Carole Burant said…
Such a beautiful wedding dress and made more special because both you and your mom got married in it! I love the way your MIL altered it to make it look more modern:-) xo
Reviekat said…
Beautiful dress! How wonderful that you were able to wear it as well. :)
Stephanie D said…
Oh, what a beautiful dress--both before and after--and what lovely memories it holds!
Kelli said…
Beautiful photos and how wonderful that your mom adapted her dress for you. She did a great job!
Kelli

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Candle By Night's First Raffle!