Autumn Hike


Today I decided to take the children for a hike since this would be one of the last nice days (weather wise) we would be having for a while. The children were excited to go back to Wolf Run. At first I had a hard time keeping up with the children because they started off running ;) (and I was carrying Little E.) They were so happy to walk the wooded trail this time.

As we were walking one of the upper loops of the trail we came across a tree that, I am assuming, came down in a storm. But instead of breaking in half, or being uprooted, it...I don't know how to describe it.....it was twisted. It was so intriguing to see such a sight. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it before.
I was a little disappointed in the lack of color on the trees. Almost half had already lost their leaves and there weren't too many reds/oranges. That's okay though, it was still a beautiful walk/hike. We walked for an hour which is more than enough for me since I carried Little E the whole time (which is why he wasn't in any pictures.) Tomorrow we will have a little break from school so I can spend the day with my friend Ginny. ;o) Thrift stores, Scrabble, and chocolate!

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm looking forward to it!
:-D
Kelli said…
Beautiful woods, Melanie. I miss my home up north, especially this time of year! Have a wonderful day with your friend tomorrow!
~Kelli
Anonymous said…
If you dont mind me asking what trail did you hike? I know we live near you and I would love to take my children to see that twisted tree.

joyful-homemaker

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks