Apple Time!

I love this time of year. Yes, Autumn is my favorite. I love the changing colors of the leaves, the crisp air, the crunch of leaves underfoot, and the smell of apple butter in the morning. My wonderful MIL had a week of vacation last week, so we had a chance to go apple picking together! I love to go apple picking. I love going into the store at the orchard because you are just bombarded with so many wonderful smells! I wasn't sure if we would be able to get enough of our favorite apples this year (They only have one row of trees of Jonagold and all the apples were ripening earlier this year.) But we were apple to get a bushel worth of Jonagolds. :-) I think my MIL even got a 1/2 bushel of apples. The children loved picking their own apples and later, getting to pick out pumpkins to decorate our front steps. If I had the money I would go to the orchard every week. :-)



Big T was a huge help getting apples we couldn't reach. :-)


 I can't wait until next year!

Comments

Marci said…
I always love picking apples too. I am glad you had a good time and that they had your apples. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks

I did it!