Gluten what?

So much stuff has happened the past month. First of all I can't believe it has been a whole month since I last posted! This summer is just flying right by and I feel (some days) that I haven't even had a chance to enjoy it. I figured a quick update was in order and maybe a reason or two for my absence from the blog(s). Well, first of all school is over so the other blog has slowed because of that very reason. As for this blog....it's SUMMER! I think that probably handles most things. When it is summer there are many, many things to do. Although the biggest adventure has been going gluten free for my hubby and the rest of the family is joining in. Talk about a learning curve! There is so much to take in. So instead of using whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour) I know use White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Sweet Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Arrowroot Starch, Millet Flour, Sorghum flour, Garbanzo Bean flour, Potato Flour and Potato Starch. Oh...and don't forget xanthum gum to make things sticky. I have made pizza, bread, and right now I have brownies in the oven. Next up is some flat bread for Beloved's lunch. I hope to have some pictures and more of a post for this adventure. Well, I better go check on my brownies now. Blessings to you all! And just so you know....tapioca flour and tapioca starch are the same thing, but potato starch and potato flour are not the same thing! Just in case you are curious. LOL

Comments

Michelle said…
If you want a great online resource check out http://cookingtf.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks

I did it!