Homemade Yogurt!

For the first time last night/this morning I made homemade yogurt! It is great. I just have a few quick photos to show the process. First I added my yummy milk to the crockpot. Once the milk was in the crockpot I turned it on low and let it set for 2 1/2 hours. When that time was up I unplugged it and let it set for another 3 hours with the lid on.

After 3 hours I whisked some starter into my milk. In this case it was some organic yogurt.

Once that was done I covered the mixture (still in the crockpot) with the lid and then wrapped 2 bath towels around it to hold the heat. Then....I went to bed! Yep...this is the super easy way to make yogurt. When I checked it in the morning this is what I had. Yes...it's yogurt! As soon as I took the lid off I said "It smells like yogurt!" So I knew my first attempt was successful. :-)

I then put it into a glass container and left some in another container to use it as my starter. With how well Little E and Beloved liked it (along with myself) I have a feeling I will be making more very soon. :-)

We even had some for dinner. I added a little Stevia to the yogurt to sweeten it and then added homemade granola and raspberries. It was delicious! Also for dinner we had chicken salad with the greens from our garden and the radishes from our garden. Oh...I even made homemade croutons that I drizzled with coconut oil instead of butter. Those were delicious as well.


I know this next photo is pretty random but I love getting packages in the mail. Yesterday I got the order of vitamins for Beloved and I. I just have to say how much I love these vitamins...they are so great. Although....we sickness off and on during this pregnancy...I have to wait to take them until right before bed. If you are curious about these vitamins you can find them here at Beeyoutiful. They are a great company to deal with...if I do say so myself. :-)

Oh and before I forget...if you would like the exact recipe on how to make the yogurt you can find it here at Nourishing Days. I pray that you all had a wonderful God Filled day! Blessings :-)

Comments

Anna said…
I've always wanted to make my own yogurt. My sister-in-law uses the light on her oven to "cook" it over night but ours doesn't have a light. I am excited to know that you can do it in a crockpot. Hooray!
Michelle said…
Melanie -

Have you ever checked out Cooking Traditional Foods? There's a link for it on my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Candle By Night's First Raffle!