Practice Secret Disciplines


Now...I realize most of you are probably wondering, "What in the world is she talking about?!" Matthew 6:3-4 says "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." I know that it does not mean that I should let my left hand "see" what my right hand does, but trying to explain this early was hard. I asked my Hubby before he left for work and he said, "It is doing something without thinking about it. That your giving is second nature." I like that...second nature. Is giving second nature for you? Do you give so that people will commend you and thank you openly? If you give to charity maybe you should do it anonymously? Also we shouldn't be thinking that we are "so great" because we did this or expect to get recognized for it. What we do in this life is seen by our heavenly Father above and he will reward us in due time.

My challenge to everyone today is to find a charity to give to, volunteer for, donate items for......or find a family that is in need and help provide for that need. Maybe the family needs a sack of groceries to get them through until the next payday. Or maybe the children need diapers, clothing, etc. Is there a way that you can help out. Are you good at sewing? You probably have a "stash" somewhere that you could make blankets to donate. If you knit or crochet baby hats, blankets, and booties are always welcome at places like CareNet and sometimes hospitals (especially for newborns). If you cook maybe you can help out at a soup kitchen or a hot meals program. There are all sorts of things you can do! The possibilities are endless. I bring this topic up because: 1) it was my devotion for the day and 2) with the holiday season coming up I know how a lot of people get. This is the time of year when "Me" is most important and getting what I deserve. I pray that you will seek the Lord and ask him where you can be used and in what capacity. May God fill you life with Joy today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Candle By Night's First Raffle!