The Kingdom Races

Which kingdom do you run after? Do you run after the Heavenly Kingdom? Or do you run after the things of this world? Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 5:6 says, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for the shall be filled." Do you have initiative to strive after the things of God? Or are you someone who is idle and just goes along with the things of this world. As many have read we are in the process of looking for another place to live. We could be consumed with fear and anxiety trying to figure out what to do...we could be like the rest of the world and just jump on the first thing that comes around (which may or may not be God's will.) We have chosen to wait and see what God has in store for us. I have a friend that says, "God is never late, but he is seldom early." That is so true! We think God should take care of something right now....but that may not be what his plan is for us. If we can learn to wait on the Lord he will, I believe, richly bless you. He has done that so many times in our life.

I know on Saturday I talked about going to look at a house. For the price there is no way! The carpet in the place needed to be replaced 20 years ago! I do not want my children crawling around on that! So...we are still looking and seeking the Lord in all of this. I know he will come through, but I need to hold onto that as the days pass by. ;) I now need to get to my laundry and do some more packing. May you all feel the presence of the Lord with you today! (He is always there!)

Comments

Marci said…
Melanie, I know that God will have a place for you. I know that you know that as well. Sometimes it is the resting in that knowing that is so hard. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Show and Tell Friday (10/5)

I did it!

Show and Tell and Giving Thanks